Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bee Changed - A Diaper Review

As many of you know I'm a big cloth diaper fan, in fact when I first started a blog it was called Travel, Fluff, and Other Stuff (on Everything Mom).  I often did diaper reviews and one of my first posts was about how I got into cloth diapering.  When a new cloth diaper store called The Little Bee Cloth Diaper Company was looking for people to review their new diapers I jumped at the chance.  I LOVE trying new fluff and they were kind enough to send me one.

the Company and the Diaper:
The Little Bee Cloth Diaper Co is quite new and and their biggest claim to fame is their misson to provide orphans around the world with clean cloth diapers.  For every cloth diaper that is purchased (and along with this review) a diaper will be donated to an orphan in need (you can read more about their story and mission).

The diaper that I am reviewing is the Bee Changed Microsuede Diaper in Guatemalan Morning Mud.  The Bee Changed is a onesized pocket diaper with snap closures.  The one part of this diaper that sets it apart from most others is the elastic waist in the front and back of the diaper.  This diaper also come with two microfiber inserts which can be snapped together.

 The Bee Changed Diaper
The Bee Changed Diaper Insides

the Tester:
When testing a diaper in ideal conditions the subject would fit a variety of age, weight, and body shapes.  I however only have access to my son (there are other people who are testing this diaper with different babies so their reviews might be more helpful if your baby is not built like mine - facebook should have access to them).
Callen is 7 months old, weighs about 18lbs, and is about 28 inches long.  He fits the skinnier mold of babies.


My Review


Overall the Bee Changed Microsude diaper is a well made and well constructed diaper.  The outer PUL lining is the softest I've ever felt and that softness holds up on even after line drying.  The microsuede lining is very soft, pulls away wetness, and is easy to remove solid waste.  The microfiber inserts are VERY absorbent in fact the second time I used the diaper I used the small newborn diaper instead of the regular one and it held up really well, no leaking.  The elastic on the front of the diaper is a good idea (especially for babies not yet on solid food) but the snaps then tend to snap a bit farther apart than other brands.  My son is  now crawling and the diaper moves very well, does not bunch and seams very comfortable.  My only complaint about these diapers are that the snap down only has two snaps across instead of three which creates puckering.

Trying to show the puckering (I have the diaper adjusted to the second rise)

 Finally my only suggestion for the future would be to offer fun prints, I know I LOVE prints but the colors available are really beautiful.  This diaper is worth the price and worth buying, your money is going a long way with this diaper especially sense each diaper you buy is really two (one for your baby and one for a child in  need).  I'd buy more and their wipes too (I was given a sample a few weeks ago and they are really great and very cute).

Action Shots





Fine print: This diaper was given to me by the Little Bee Diaper Co. in return for a review.  I am not affiliated with them at all and I gave my honest opinions on the diaper.  I was not solicited to make a good review for them, it just happens that I like their product.  If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at andweareoffto @ gmail . com or contact Little Bee directly here.

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this company before, but it sounds like I need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really new and just pre-ordering diapers right now. Check them out their diapers are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little guy looks like he's a fan of these cloth diapers...too cute! Looking forward to reading more of your blog and travel adventures. I'm following from MBC. :)

    DigiMom
    www.digicrumbs.com

    ReplyDelete