Sunday, June 20, 2010

20 Weeks - Halfwayish Done

Well only on Sunday's will I update about my pregnancy.  Well today I am 20 weeks.  Yeah.  Halfwayish done and I am so thankful because pregnancy and me don't get along very well.  This week has been touch and go with good days and not so good.  Some days I feel great and went for a couple 4km walks with my dog (I think she liked it) but then I had some really bad days with the joys of acid reflux starting.  I often feel like I am still in my first trimester and don't have the energy to get out of bed (why is it always on these days my son gets up at 5:30 am).  There have been some good things though, I have been feeling the baby move for a few weeks now which is the most amazing feeling in the world.  This little guy is going to be my little soccer player but I'm a bit scared how hard he is going to kick in a few more months (hopefully he's just excited about World Cup but England has been playing terrible ????).

This next coming week is a busy one, I have my 20 weeks ultrasound on Tuesday along with my doctors appointment.  I am really looking forward to my doctors appointment and really hope that I see one of the OB's and not the nurse practitioner (she is great but I have lots of questions she can't answer).  As I am really wanting to have a TOL (trial of labor) instead of a repeat c-section, I have so many things to ask.  I was also shocked to learn that I won't be able to have a doula come assist me in my birth as the hospital I am delivering at bans them (something that worries me).  But I did gets lots of good news this week.  My mom and grandma are going to try and be here for the baby's birth, which is great so my grandma can watch Tavish and my mom can come to the hospital with me (my husband and I need all the help we can get).  I also found a massage therapist that will do a labor inducing massage at 38 weeks and I also found a homeopath that will do an induction.  I am all about going into labor before 40 weeks with this one.

Obligatory food reference:  Today my son is the length of a banana.

And here are some Pregnancy Pictures for those who want to see them.
20 weeks - getting bigger

18 weeks


16 weeks - I have a bump starting

12 weeks - not much there but it's coming (and a terrible picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment