Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Air And Space Museum

Well my husband is away right now and I hate sitting at home when there is so much to do here.  The weather is not really that nice out and the pools are closed anyway, so I'd figured Tavish and I should head off too the 
National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center.  

This morning was not looking too promising though as my son was in full melt down mode.  The kid did not want to get dresses and we are not going out in his pj's.  A good hour later he was finally calmed down and we were ready to go.  We had a great time, we checked out a IMAX movie (not sure he got much out of it but he really wanted to go) and then looked at all the planes.  This museum is really interesting as there are so many different types of airplanes and space crafts but my only complaint is there are no hands on exhibits for the kids (I guess we need to go to the one in D.C. to do that).

Tavish getting ready for the movie.
Hanging out in the WWII section.

A view of the gallery.

A test prototype of a Space Shuttle

If you want to visit the center check out:
http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/

No comments:

Post a Comment