Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fixing the Flat

Well as some of you might know Callen has plagiocephaly or a flat head.  Today we went in to get a 3D image of his head so that they can make his band aka helmet.  The photo process was pretty painless and they did get a good photo.  I am thankful he did not have to get a cast made as that looks much more uncomfortable.  It was really interesting seeing the 3D afterward and where his flat spots are.  Callen's plagiocephaly was mainly formed while in utero which which makes me feel better.  I really did try to prevent it by switching the side of the crib he sleeps on, giving him lots of tummy time, and using the carrier a lot.  While I think had I gone to the chriopractor right off the bat it would not have been so bad but hind sight is alway 20/20.  Regardless he has to get a band and I'm going to make the most of it.  I must say I'm looking forward to decorating it.

Callen getting the 3D image taken (minus the nylon they had to put on his head)

No comments:

Post a Comment