Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I don't know how they do it

Moms with big families that is.  Last week a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to join her on a trip to the Baltimore Aquarium. And while we had a great time I found it but a bit stressful at times too; see we had five kids and one on the way (she is 7 months pregnant) between the 2 of us.  Add in a couple hundred kids on school trips and wow did we have our work cut out for us.  Keeping an eye on 4 kids going in opposite directions can be really tricky and I must say I did not see much of the Aquarium as I was too busy watching out for our little ones.  How do moms with big families do it and I don't mean big families like the Duggers (the older ones watch the younger ones), I mean the families that have more young kids than hands.  I think my stress level would be through the roof and that was with well behaved children.  I think I'll stick with the two I've got, I like to enjoy the attractions we go to and not worry about missing kids.  We were so busy I didn't even have time to take out my camera.

8 comments:

  1. I know! We got to three and I felt outnumbered. Hats off to all those who manage it and do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you- two kids are probably enough for me. I had big plans for a big family when this circus started and now I think our circus tent may be at capacity!

    By the way, your header photograph is gorgeous! Where was it taken?

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least they sound like they were all on thier best behaviour. i guess that kind of thing comes with practice. i agree with Melissa "hats off to all..."!
    new subscriber via rss

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo was taken in Jasper, Alberta Canada. We took a tram up a mountain and then we hiked to the top of that mountain. I love Jasper it is one of the most beautiful spots on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog visit and the comment....I am happy with two kids also.....I have two hands and two kids!

    As a former flight attendant....I too love to travel...I just wish I could still do it for free! Sounds like you are busy, and the kids are seeing some great spots!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following, I'm your newest follower too! You and me share the same passion for traveling. :) Yep I have three small children and feel constantly overwhelmed, especially when I take them places all by myself. I'm hoping it will get much easier as they get older (fingers crossed!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your newest follower. I hope you will follow me back. Thanks, http://mimilovesall8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I agree. 2 is probably enough for us too. We only have one right now, but the thought of having 3 kind of makes me hyperventilate!! At least they were behaving themselves!!

    Thanks for stopping by Ohmadremia.com, I am returning the love and hoping to live through your traveling adventures!!
    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete