Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goodbye Daddy

Kyle left this afternoon for a 2 week work trip so I'm alone with the boys, well at least until Tuesday when my sister and nephew are coming to visit.  Compared to many of the other ex-pat moms I must say I have been very, very lucky as Kyle has not had many work trips and most of them have been very short.  It's funny though because this time 3 years ago Kyle had to leave me and Tavish for a 2 week work trip and then I had no family come visit.  I am thrilled Jessie and Owen are coming, I can't wait to show them around and I'm sure it will make the time go by so much faster.

Tavish was really sad to see his dad go, or at least he was before we got to the airport (he fell asleep in the car). This is the first time he has been visibly upset over one of us leaving, I'm not sure if it's due to more mature emotions or the fact he's sick (he spiked a fever 3 hours after Kyle left - fun for me).  We'll see how we all cope with him gone (the house might be a bit messy when he gets back) but at least we'll have some good distractions. I just hope Tavish can share his toys then everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment